Sunday, January 24, 2010

Never too Late to Start Anew

Back in 2001/02 or somewhere around there, I remember my close girlfriend N had given me the most simplest yet wisest advice that I needed to hear at that moment. I was in, I think the most darkest age in my life. I was caught up in the whole rave scene and had a very unhealthy lifestyle of recreational drugs, alcohol, sleepless nights and mal-nourished days. By that time the side effects had been full blown and I was feeling bouts of paranoia, insecurity, and depression. I confided in N at a once popular club in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia called Movement, of all the negativity that I had been feeling for what I felt was the longest time, was simply: "Just put it in a bubble and blow it away." And... I did, something so simple helped me heal from what I once thought could never be cured. The cliche is true: it's all in the mind. Even though some may say that it may be a bit too late to start a blog now, but frankly, I don't really care, Y can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment